Free Your Mind, And Your Legs Will Follow

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Moving On Up...Literally



I'm officially heading out of Springfield, IL and making the move up to Crystal Lake, IL......no not the Crystal Lake with the slasher Jason in it! This is a very nice suburb of Chicago and has a little bit more money then down here in Springfield.



I have accepted a Head Mechanic/Manager position at a very high end shop called Wheel Werks. Owner Bob Olsen has been in the industry for a long time and is known for being Lon Haldeman's main mechanic as well as a fit guru. He is a master with multiple fit systems including ReTul. I am very excited to be a part of this new shop and help progress the business. I know I can bring a lot of experience here as well as learn a lot from Bob as well.



I am going to miss all my friends down in the south. You guys have been great and always treated me like part of your own family. You took my riding to a whole different level and I am very thankful for that. There are some VERY VERY strong riders down here and I saw my fitness jump levels just riding with them consistently. I logged my highest year in miles so far...going on 9100 miles for the year and still going, and thats again thanks to the riders down here. There was always a group ride or someone that wanted to put in a long mileage day...on any day of the week. It was great. I will miss you guys a lot!!! I am very much looking forward to being near more gravel roads to train on, being 20 minutes from my girlie, and 1 hour train ride into Chicago where my close friends live. This move is going to be great, I know it!!! Bigger and better things!!! If you're down south by Springfield, give Matt at Wheel Fast a shout and head out on a ride with some great riders in the area. Much Love.

- JB

No comments:

Post a Comment