Free Your Mind, And Your Legs Will Follow

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Slender Fungus head to Iowa


This was the first hill that I saw....I got hard


Bonk King riding strong


Going up


Iowa...I missed you


The Gunnar....grazing, and chewing cud in the frame bag


Great friends, Ari, BK, Jamie


Jamie and the new Space Whore


Rest stop enjoying the sunshine and sweat


This road gave me an even bigger boner


Ari grinding the hills


Awesome 


One of my favorite photos I have ever taken...this one is getting framed


Chilling, laughing, recon-ing.....a great great great day


whisp

 


Ari was in zone 3 as he sped past this radar....he maxed out at 13 mph and then cried like a girl, he vowed to buy a carbon bike


Gay fags


Describes Ari perfectly


Rigs


Post ride goodness


Big beers for little dollars

Had one of the best rides Ive had in a long time this past Sunday. I met up with the Bonk King in Huntley and drove out to a secret Iowa location for a training and recon mission. We met Ari and Jamie at an undisclosed watermelon stand and began our ride. The pavement quickly dissolved and memories of trans iowa formed. My passion for cycling that had been so burnt out this summer came alive again and a grin quickly came across my face. My 3 great friends made me laugh and smile if I didn't have a care in the world....and I remembered why I love these people and why I love Iowa. The ride was 100K, we laughed, caught up with each other, spoke about the past and future, and enjoyed each others company. As with best friends you feel like you can speak about anything and I always feel that way around Jamie and Ari....two truly great people and some of my great friends. The bonk king rode strong and DIDNT bonk....it was incredible. He was grinning all day and told me later that it was the best ride he has had in 5 years. A truly great day on the bike. Beers were drank, pizza was eaten, bikes were ridden. A pretty sweet day. To top it all off I got to catch up with Hellmut in Sycamore before he returned to the penis of America: Florida. Awesome weekend. 60 miles in Iowa, 45 mile labor day ride with my boss Bob, 260 miles for the week. Tightening my A-hole so I don't get raped at the Heck of the North. 

- Cookie, SFCA

2 comments:

  1. A already tore up my crosscheck. I turned it into singlespeed using some xtr wheels, v brakes and riser bars. I just have to messs around with gearing.
    ari

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to remember what riding should be about. An amazing route with great friends. No wristbands, attitudes, or HR monitors (zone 3). Thanks for a truly memorable day!

    ReplyDelete