Free Your Mind, And Your Legs Will Follow

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Crash

Had a nasty little crash on Friday of last week. Spent the weekend recovering. I was riding from home to the bike shop to meet my friend Todd and my boss for a cyclocross ride. I was running late so I took the shortest route I knew. I was booking it and keeping speeds from 18-22 mph on the Gunnar. I was passing a small farm and a red pick up truck was passing me in the other lane. Before I could blink....a dog from the farm ran out into the road 5 feet in front of me to bark at the passing truck. What a smart dog.... I had no time to react and T-boned the dog going 20 mph. The dog yelped and ran back to the farm as I went over the bars and landed on my shoulder, elbow, hip, and ankle. The truck stopped and so did other traffic in the other lane. It was only 8 am, and I was only 3 miles into my ride. My handlebars had been rolled down, both hoods got scraped up, the brooks saddle got very scraped, computer mount broke, and my fork has a stress on one leg where the paint is miss shaped. I was fine and got up and continued to ride to work very sore. As the day progressed my ankle got worse and worse and by the end of the day I could hardly move it. I took the entire weekend off of the bike and had my first ride today. It is healing up nicely and the Slender Fungus is planning a great ride for this weekend in IA. Back on the bike....

- JB

No comments:

Post a Comment